Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nosey

Have you ever tried taking pictures of horses?

Sure it's fine when they're grazing nonchalantly by the roadside, sun shining off their golden coat:
I think this photo was taken by my 12-year-old, while the car was still moving, and it still looks great.


But when they live in your backyard, you end up with a lot of shots like this:
"Hey mom, how's it going? What do you have there? What's a camera? Can I smell it? Is it edible?"

Noses. Lots of Nose shots.
Like the one above, and this one, of Siofra:
Mostly because they are curious. Curiosity is a sign of intelligence. 

But in Keira's case, not that she's not curious and/or intelligent, she just likes to be 
Right next to you:

So, many of the shots I have of her from a distance are ones where she is headed my way, and I'm trying to click away before she gets to me.

Here she comes...

Closer...

And there you have it. That''s Keira in a nutshell. Nice forehead, huh?


Here she comes again...

and again...

Wait up! I'm almost...

There.

How about this side?

But seriously.

I mean.

How cute is that?

This is what people mean when they say "pocket horse," as in: always "in your pocket."

I don't know where she gets it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please use the comment form.

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

intense debate